Effective Date: March 19, 2020
Last Updated: October 8, 2020
Types of information we collect
PING collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your information such as your payment method and billing address.
- Account Information. If you create an account on our Platform, we will collect your username and password.
- Fitting Information. For example, if you utilize our fitting tools, we may collect information that you submit that helps us fit you to the correct products.
- Physical Activity Information. For example, we may collect information about your physical activity while you are using our mobile application or another device connected to our mobile application. This may include your step count, heart rate, or calorie count.
- Information You Post. We may collect information you post in a public space on our Platform, such as on our product reviews feature. We may also collect photographs or videos that you post to our Platform.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Customer Service” page or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect the information you submit when you enter a promotion.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device hardware model and unique identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Platform. We may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use. For more information about your options related to the collection of your location information, see the Choices section below.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We may also collect information about your mobile network.
How we collect your information
PING collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information on our Platform.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Submit a request for club repairs.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or focus groups.
- Post a product review.
- Submit a request to our customer service team.
- Interact with PING social media pages.
- Passively. For example, when you:
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
- From Third-Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Third party sites, including those that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your PING account.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you. Certain third-parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
How we use your information
Examples of how we may use your information that we collect through our Platform include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
- As otherwise permitted by law.
- As we may otherwise notify you.
How we share your information
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within PING, Inc.
- On Our Platform. For example, we may display information you post on our product review features. We may also display information you submit in connection with a promotion.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails or deliver advertisements on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion. We may also share information with business partners including Apple HealthKit, Health App and analytics vendors.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if PING merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may transfer our customer information as part of such a transaction or as stand-alone assets, including at the negotiation stage.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons With Your Consent.
Children under 13
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13 and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
Choices regarding your information
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions included with the communication.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- You may opt out of our mobile application's push notification by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
- If you have previously opted into PING's collection and use of location-based information through our mobile applications, you may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
- You may also opt-out of location-based information collection by PING if you uninstall all PING mobile apps from your devices.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A username and a password are needed to access certain areas of the PING Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Storage of information
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States or Australia. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-474-6434. You may also write to us at the following address:
Attn: PING Compliance
2201 West Desert Cove Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85029
Changes in Policy
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.